Monday, June 06, 2005

Safe and Sound in Oz

Well, after a Very, Very jumpy and bouncy flight I made it to Tokyo. JAL were good to fly with, not too short handed with the ale ... so a good drink was had by all. This was a god send considering the way the plane was being thrown around by the weather. You know I never knew you could fly through a thunder storm - especially one with lightning...!!

Anyways, after a short stop in Tokyo, I boarded the plane to OZ (I might add Tokyo airport must rank as one of the most boring places on earth). Again the flight was rough, but was used to it by this stage, so slept like a baby (although I suspect this was due more to the skinfull I'd had in Tokyo, topped off with low quality white wine on the plane)(blue nun like). So after a little more than 30 hours of traveling I made it to Sydney, safe and sound if a tad shaken by the flights. First port of call was the bar that I ended my last trip to Oz in 5 years ago. The reason I started here @ 9am in the morning, no not that I'm an alcoholic (some may argue here) its the great view it has of Harbour Bridge, and the Opera house. It your gonna visit Sydney its gotta be the way to start ... Oh and it does a mean breakfast to.

After breakfreast, hit the hostel - met my new roomies ... one chap was going to Cronulla for the day .. so I tagged along. A beer by the beach, what better way to get over jet lag?. Cronulla is fantastic, I think if I ever got my arse in gear and moved here, this is were I'd live. Had a few beers to ponder this point and watch the sun set :)

Evening entertainment came in the form a trip to Scruffy Murphy's (another previous haunt). Jet lag was hitting home now, but egged on by my new room mate I had a good drink. (truth be told I was wasted) ... so slept like a road traffic victim in a coma last night, good news is no jet lag today. Woke this morning to cracking sunny day, so wondered round Darwin Harbour and the city, truth be told was just killing time till my brother gets here tomorrow.

Well that's it to press, nothing too outstanding to report ... Yet. Trying to stay out of trouble, however we''ll see what mother brothers plans are tomorrow, but I think a flight to Alice might be on the cards very soon. Anyways, gotta go beers getting warm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home