Thursday, November 18, 2004

India oddity

India is indeed beginning to interest me. Yesterday I had a meeting with the local service management people. Now service management are renowned for being prim and proper, if not a little over zealous. I would even venture so far as to say some live in a little ivory tower. So it came as some surprise, that to find the local community's hidden location was a little adventure all of its own. To visit I had to cross a building site, in the dark dodging 30 foot craters dug for foundations, dubious health and safety, let alone scale a barbwire fence and knock three times on iron gate .... all to say hi to these people. My little Indiana adventure makes me think were all equal after all.... since in the final analysis all I have to deal with is rodents and miggies!.

Anyways mixed emotions for the rest of the week - Goa bound I am to enjoy the sea and sunshine. It took all of 2 seconds for me to agree to part with $200 for a flight, given the nightmare week I've had here. Anyways I'll be staying at this modest establishment for the duration of my trip :) .... Pictures will of course follow!.

But also this weekend is a note of sadness, my friends ships back to the states... So from the Yank its bye bye Bangalore or 'cluster fuck' to its friends. Have a safe trip and happy thanks giving...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

auntie jackie says your a jammy begger

4:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home