Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Busy weekend

Well, after a failed cost saving iniative on Friday, and no great plans for the rest of the weekend - things really hoted up. My quiet weekend was rapidly shelved as I ended up in Leicester on Saturday helping to celebrate a friend’s birthday (happy birthday Greg!). A good night was had by all I feel, although I can't help but think that my failure to go clubbing with some young, attractive and rather nubile students was an opportunity missed... but no matter, there always next time!

Sunday was a funny day, having decided that the opportunity to go home and say hi to the family was too good to miss (since I was already 1/4 of the way there) Leeds was indeed calling. I popped in to see the folks and then promptly went to the pub. Several gallons of Stella later, and Monkey was a bit the worst for ware... same old, same old I hear you say - well not so!. For once I was lucid and still capable of speach (albeit stellarised) ... The funny and bizarre thing is, now less than a week away from foreign climbs and nice women have started to take an interest in me again .. Odd place this world in which we live!.

Yesterday was a day of recovering, the adventures in the Stella zone saw to that. Dinner with the folks @ the Mill Race (which was nice) and few beers with my new friend was about all I could cope with... all in a great way to spend Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home