Friday, December 03, 2004

Another long week in bunglers

Well as another long week in Bangalore draws to a close, its time for a bit of reflection. This week has had some mad moments, which surparse even my typically off the cuff approach. Last weekend started in the usual manner, dinner followed by a few beers in the bar. Then off to the obligatory nightclub (spin).... I new it was going wrong when the second nightclub (clubX) loomed large of the horizon of the rickshaw. That aside, a few drinks and a good time later, I was heading home @ 6am.... This is were the wheels fell off!

The chap driving the rickshaw was ranting on about how nice Mysore was, a common theme for taxi/rickshaw drivers in this area. Drunk and unimpressed I indicated that I was unwilling to part with the amount of money required to go there for the day. At this your man just laughed and said a train ticket was a mere 24 rupees each way. My ears purked up ... You know were this is going. Surfice to say 30mins later, still pissed I was negotiating my train fare to Mysore. A princely sum I can tell you. ....

For the moment we'll leave the story there, but what I will say is that public safety is not a big concern on India railways! ..... And that this little adventure is a classic in stupidity even by my standards!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home