Sunday, September 11, 2005

Mt Kenya

Jambo!
 
Good news!. @ approx 6.45am (4.45 gmt) on Friday, in the middle of a manic snow storm I (and the team) sucessfully summited mount kenya (5000m). The guides told us it was the first time in years the mountain had been snow covered in september, but I can tell you it was bloody cold!. I'd like to tell you the view was fantastic from the top, but visibility was down to 2 meters, so could see nowt .... so trust me I wasn't sticking around.
 
So thats Africa's second highest mountain 'bagged', time to move on to number one. Kenya was only ever a training run anyways, so mount killiminjaro here we come. Hope however, that the weather will hold a little better, as kenya in the dry season is anything but dry!.
 
No ill health to report with the exception of cronic tooth ache, but there's no way I'm hitting a local dentist :) .... hope to see you soon .... laters! 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice one, but you can't rely on taking photos of the insides of clouds to convince us of your climbing skills you know :)
good luck with Kili

Steve H

11:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home