Monday, June 20, 2005

trip so far have been.....

As its time to head into the homeward bound leg of the journey ... Japan becons. I thought it would be useful to reflect on what I've been up2 - this is more for my ageing memory than any use to any of you.... so here goes...

I've been climbing, walking (lots in fact - some Ozi bloke told me I was nuts I walked so much). Been on a road trip - saw 2,500km of the Pacific highway, swam in the sea and drank some beers. I've seen 14 footie games, 5 of which have been live, and include a classic state of origin clash @ Telstra Stadium. I've eaten more egg plant that you could shake a stick @, oh and did I mention I'd had a beer!. Have witnessed countless Ozi bands, some good .... some very bad (bad hair days!). Chatted shit with numerous people, about well frankly nothing! Watched the Ozi's get beaten at cricket - theres a bitter pill :)

I've visited places with outstanding vista, including but not limited to Sydney (Bridge and Opera house of course) Bondi, Byron Bay... Manley @ Morton Bay and Coogee.... all of which make Ozi one of the most scenic places to visit on the planet.

Verdic, very busy few weeks - but I'm coming back, just as soon as the credit card will allow... its just as good the second time around ... gotta go, train to catch to Newcastle - the beach is calling.... btw did I mention I'd had a beer?

So thats about it, Japan in a few days followed by Glasto .... you know I really need a holiday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home