Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Hackin up a lunge - trip to the states part 1

Well, after a little more than 10 days I made it back from the states safe and sound - and with no cap in ma ass!. It was indeed a trip of many highlights, despite contracting some dodgy disease from skipper, the little yank along the way. Now, this is perhaps the first of many controversies of the tales to be told, I put hacking up a lung down to flu .... others however would conclude too much ale is to blame!. Whichever the accurate cause, the trip started in familiar style, a few cheeky beers on the plane, followed by a few more in Chicago. Things soon developed a clear pattern as the weather closed in, a seemingly endless array of dumb questioning (yes we have electricity in the UK), complemented by suggestions that I should come back in the summer when there's something to do!.

In a city like Chicago there is always something to do, and thus a great deal of fun was had by all - except for Sunday fun day, which turned out to be no fun at all (for me @ least). Perhaps the error of my ways here was the lack of bloody marries, although I have to be honest when I say that every bar in Chicago appears to have an Irish theme, and perhaps the volume of Guinness consumed more explains the ruined state.

Whatever the cause of the Sunday distress, the fun continued with the girls cooking up dinner. Given that Yanks speak English (apparently) at times however, the girls could have been speaking Russian for all I knew, as the conversation often proved as untenable ... I believe several comparisons with the muppets were made at various stages :)

So off to Indiana I went, the home of the dumbest city in the U.S... The aptly nicknamed Fort Fun. A trip around the dunes of Chesterton was the goal for the day, again great fun was had by all. The locals once again were fantastic to me, as barbi (and Amo) showed me some of the famed sites of town .... Whilst warning sternly of the dangers of a trip to a well know local industrial town (and birthplace of MJ). A few beers, followed by happy hour - a great invention were free beers flow- followed of course by carnage......

Well that takes us to a little over mid week, so more fun to report later. However, in the meantime, thanks to little Skipper for taking the time to show me around ... much appreciated!. Thanks also to Barbi for being kind enough to offer me a roof (and an airbed) for the duration of my trip .... and for also keeping me occupied with chores. Thanks also to the rest of the gang - you know who you are, for making me feel so welcome :)

Ps - part 2 to follow ..... assuming the hate mail ain't to bad :)



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too will chalk my "sickness" up to the flu :)

It was great to meet you! And happy late birthday!!

Jill

12:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home