Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Its all over - including the shouting!

Well Christmas and new years are over with for another year. To be honest it was good to chill and relax with the family. Usual xmas presents, I believe that I now controls the worlds supply of socks .... so be nice to me or the price goes up :). I did however get a nifty little Garmin GPS unit as well. I've still to work out the finer detail, however its pretty cool from what I've seen to press.

Xmas of course means a boxing day trip to watch the mighty Super League Champions - Leeds rhinos. This year was no exception - however at 20 nil up at half time the contest was over, so little or no choice but to go to the pub. It got messy, as it usually does on boxing day!.

After a few days laid low with flew and general poor health it was up north for New Years. Peterhead was the destination, to enjoy the Scottish hospitality of my mums family, and to have a drink with my brother before he returns to Iraq. Let just say lots of ale was consumed, so much so even the dog got in on the act!. Anyways a good time was had by all, although I did regret the 5am finish the next day. The pain here was eased somewhat by the sheer cold. And its probably of little surprise that we benefited from snow whilst 'up north'. Luckily, nice as the snow was, it didn't lie, so we had time to have a Toby around, and to our surprise we located a Leeds north of the border ... just the trick to make a chap feel at home!...

Surfice to say I had a great time, doubtless drank to much but hey its new years. I did however spend the entire time trying not to admit that I was bloody freezing. I guess this is more out of vanity, but Bangalore was most certainly warmer. But alas, the site of the Forth Bridge signaled the time was nearing to go home for another year. Rest assured however Scotland hasn't seen the last of me!

ps I did fit in a little culture whilst up north ... we had a little look at Dunnottar Castle. One of the most historic places in Scotland!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home