Monday, January 31, 2005

Big Weekend

Well lots of beer was consumed this weekend, for two reasons... Firstly, I graduated university for the second time and I also finally reached the big 30.... both of which provided good cause for celebration.

Friday saw me attend the Leicester University Post Grad Confirmation Ceremony - held at DeMontford Hall. Here along with lost of other post grads, I donned my best DKNY suit, and adorned myself in full academic robes. Joined by friends, peers and parents I settled down to the pomp and ceremony of receiving my Master's degree in Criminology. The event was fun, I think I clean up quite well, for someone who dislikes wearing a suite!. Importantly, both my parents were kind enough to take the day of work to attend with me, I think they were both proud (mum & dad)!. The ceremony was followed by a trip to the faculty I graduated from, then a trip to the bar - followed by dinner..... all in all I drank too much, but its a once in a lifetime thing and a final opportunity to say hi to people.

Saturday was a struggle, I was very hungover to begin with - so the first half of my 30th was spent on the sofa feeling sorry for myself. But after a trip to the shops, the gym and a look @ Tom and Abbi's new puppy, I sprung into some sort of life. Joined by some friends (thanks to those that made it out) it was off to consume more alcohol in some of Leamingtons renowned drinking establishments. Several pints of Guinness, 9 bottles of wine at home, and a take away curry later and the celebrations were complete. To be honest I feel no older than I did before and the 4.30am finish proves I can still party hard!...

That said, Sunday was a nightmare, to much red wine and Guinness meant I spent the day on the sofa again ... Pestering people for sympathy. The sign of a good birthday is the need for lots of TLC the following day.... I did nothing on Sunday, nothing at all. Some would say this was a waste of a day, but hey I'm old now :)

Thanks again to all those who came out, or passed on birthday greetings. I'm not sure if life begins @ 30, but one things for sure - its not ended yet.... time to party on somemore, there's life in the old dog yet! Next week Leeds beckons.... its yet to be seen what state that will leave me and my liver in...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home