Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Easter weekend

well easter weekend, what does that mean ... in short a few days out of the office. It started positively enough, Leeds hammered Bradford - always a good start to a bank holiday. I also managed to squeeze in some decorating... So my hall and bathroom are now white, as opposed to blue and terracota respectively. So that was good.

That takes us to Saturday, were things started to get a little strange. I popped up to Leeds to say happy easter to the folks, and help Phil celerbrate his birthday (happy birthday Phil). All good intentions of going easy on the ale went out the window very quickly. It speaks volumes when even the departure of the birthday boy off home (a bit the worse for wear) did nothing to dampen spirits. So minus 1 Headingly called, which despite being a little quiet, was on the whole very good. A good drink was had by all. Sunday, well I've no idea what happened ... a few cheeky lunch time drinks turned in a session and a half, with yours truly in all kinds of bother. Its probably of little surprise that I ended the night early .. not really sure what was going on.. or were I was :(

The long on the short of it is that Sunday was such a heavy session that Monday was a right off ... I guess that's what bank holidays are for?. As a result I did very little yesterday accept join my friend for a very sedate drink or two. Given my stated fitness drive, and a desire not to kill myself with alcohol, I suspect abstinence from the daemon drink is the key for a while! .... so here's to drying out, and finishing the decorating :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home