Friday, March 11, 2005

curse of wife beater

last night was supposed to be a quick drink for someone's leaving, followed by a quick drink to assist in a birthday celerbration .... However it turned out to be so much more. Having now turned 30, I have to face facts that drinking on a school night doesn't agree with me as much as it used to, so a sensible approach should be adopted to all such occasions. Did I heed my own warnings last night - no!. The evening started quite sensible, a few pints to wish farewell to Karen who's defecting to the opposition, grand I planned to go home early for some tea and meet the birthday lot a little later. Unfortunately that dammed wife beater got hold of me, as I ended up in extended conversations with people I'd not spoken to for a while. All good to this point, however I'd not been monitoring my alcohol consumption ... and it was starting to tell!.

By the time I caught up with John, Debbie, JV, Tracy, Gary etc to share a beer for Richard's birthday (thanks for the pint John) I was several sheets to the wind. At this stage spirits were high, and all was ok in the land of monkey. However, for some bizarre reason spirits took a turn for the worst as I joined John and Debbie for a night cap in the Jug. Why this happened escapes me (no fault of the company I might add) I suspect its something to do with the quantity of stella consumed. In the cold light of day I must recognise the evilness of this substance, and vow to limit my future intake. To John and Debbie who had to listen to my incoherent attempts to right the wrongs of the world - please accept my apologies, I hope I didn't offend to much!. The penance I hear you ask?, well that would be the terrible hangover suffered today. I'm laying low now in utter disgrace :(

anyways ... all that remains is to wish Richard happy birthday and Karen all the best with the new job!.

ps I'm off to rid my home of the evil that is stella, and pass all remaining examples to the homeless drunk who hangs out in the park. I do this before I end up sad and lonely with no friends.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get a life!

1:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home