Monday, March 21, 2005

Alton Towers and birthday beers

Busy weekend this last one, went upto Stoke Friday, to catch up with some friends visiting from Ireland. An all you can eat Chinese, a few pint of Guinness in Fat Cats and boat load of Cold in Walkabout set the seen very well for the remainder of the weekend. The Guinness might I add was a belated St Paddy's day homage.

Anyways, Friday was a late night as you'd expect, so Saturday morning was a little tentative ... Especially as we were bound for Alton Towers. Now, I've not been to Alton Towers for years, must be over 10 I think, in fact I may have even been still @ school that last time, it was that long ago. I was however quite excited (if a little hung over) @ the prospect of Air, nemesis and Oblivion having seem them advertised loads on TV. As a warm up, and to ease things in gently we hit the teacups and runaway mine train. Stomach sufficiently settle, nemesis and air called. Now I really like nemesis, fast and just plain mad, air on the other hand was a little disappointing, I thought it was tame?. Anyways both were negotiate very quickly as not too many people in either line. We then tried to do Rita and Corkscrew, however both were closed. Instead we headed for Hex .... Which I think is pants!..... if your scared by this you should probably be collecting a pension. However the highlight of the day has to be oblivion, this is just plain silly. I mean who in there right mind voluntarily goes on a ride which involves +4G 200ft drop, well me - twice!. It was good, after sh**tin myself the first time, I went straight back on again. Its just plain insane, I love it!. Upshot is a mass adrenalin rush that's enough to be addictive.

Alton Towers was followed by quick beer to watch Ireland get stuffed (not bothered about either team personally, but friends seemed a bit upset) ... in a nice country pub in Staffs. Quick drive home, to join all the gang celerbrating Tom's birthday. Happy Birthday Tom - beer and curry was the order of the day. I drank enough to feel lazy yesterday, but not enough to declare an out right hangover. Good time was had by all I think, although trying to give a 14 stone man the bumps after 14 pints has to be declared as a recipe for disaster!.

Yesterday did nowt, only venturing out to retrieve my car. This is possibly the best thing about currently being single, there's no obligation to go to Ikea, Homebase or any form of garden centre on a Sunday... Anyways I did watch more of the BBC's 'Fighting the War' documentary series, which gives a better insight into the Gulf war. Very interesting, recommend sparing the time to view if you can.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home