Tuesday, January 03, 2006

All over for another year

Its all over, at least for another year. Yep Christmas and new years has
once again come to an end. I spent Christmas at home with the folks in
Leeds trying to catch up with some rest was the plan. I slept loads, as
to if this was more related to the fact I partied too hard, or was just
because I had a cold, well not sure .... but boy did I sleep. Anyways,
it was a surreal occasion, more due to the absence of my older brother
(who's still in Iraq) than anything else. Does seem strange to have
Christmas without him ....

Anyways, pre Christmas eve was dinner with the folk (in lou of big bro's
birthday - happy birthday bro!). Christmas eve itself was spent in the
pub in Bramley, and crap nightclub in Leeds. It was a good night though,
good to catch up with my mates.

Christmas day itself was spent at my aunties, drinking far to much as it
turned out - which probably explained some rather random behavior on my
part. I did however spend quite a long time playing with my little
cousin and all his new toys.... Not sure he found the JCB stuff as fun
as I did, but nevermind. :)

Due to the aforementioned over indulgence in beer I missed the boxing
day clash at Headingly, stayed in bed. I then stayed off the ale, so the
first beer I had was new years. New year again was perhaps a party too
far I feel. Simon, Chris, Leander, Daina and Angie popped down from
Leeds, so had a full house. Midnight was spent in Mumbia Blue (which was
good) after a few in the fox and then Slug. It was then onto to John and
Debbie's annual Canal House party.... thanks to them for agreeing to let
myself and my friends gatecrash. Hopefully no one disgraced themselves
to much (myself specifically). The gang went home around 3ish on new
years day, and me, well surprise, surprise I went to sleep .... again!
(been doing a lot of that recently). So there we are bang up to date!

As its now January, its annual off the beer time!. So from now until at
least my birthday in 26 days time, its no beer for me!. I think my body
might like me again then :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home